Today, Mrs. Smith did not show up to class but no worries! Mr. Rosenberg was our sub today and the class played out like it normally would have.
The reading and annotations on Chapters 19-28 in "Life of Pi" was due today.
In the beginning of class, students went up to the boards and asked the questions that they were wondering regarding those chapters.
A few of the questions class asked:
- Why are people trying to set boundaries on Pi's beliefs and how he views the world?
- What do you think Pi's ultimate purpose will be at the end based on what we know now?
- Is it right for someone to judge others religions when they themselves don't know what they believe?
- How does the environment affect what we believe?
The big questions to think about:
- Why Christianity? Muslim? Hindu- what attracts him to each?
- How is Pi’s search for belief much like our own lives?
We then discussed these and many other questions in a large group graded discussion (If missed or need to remake, go in and talk to Mrs. Smith to set up a time).
After, we had about 5-10 minutes of work time to read.
- Read Chapters 28-36 for Friday
- Add to "power of fear (visual)" (add a visual and a quote to support Power of Fear)
A special thank you to Michael for bringing in Krispy Kreme Donuts, to Talen for volunteering to record participation, and to me for taking one for the team and Scribing because no one was signed up and/or wanted to today. Have an Amazing Day!