- Review Hamlet reading
- Quiz next Wednesday
- Prepare for fishbowl act 1 Wednesday/ Friday next week
In class today:
- We talked about the parent teacher conference letter
- Assess your growth in learning so far this semester:
Create a new folder called Parent Teacher conference; put in your shared folder; Share a copy in your Google Docs folder; Google Doc titled with your name; email parents a copy- inform them that this will be used at parent teacher conferences rather than discussing grades.
- Address where you were at the beginning of the semester and where you are now in relation to the following areas: initial goal( one to one conference), Student Learning Objectives: reading comprehension, argumentative writing, speaking (collaborative and verbal). Make sure to identify goal from beginning of the semester.
- Where do you want to be by the end of the semester in reference to your goal and our Student Learning Objectives of reading, writing and speaking?
- How are you going to get there?
- What help can I provide to help you achieve your goals?
- Anything else you want your parents and I to talk about? Anything you want your parents to know about class?
- Write a message to your parents: can be about anything- It’s nice to thank them
- Read act 1 scene 1, and part of scene 2. Connecting them to our essential question for the book
- Essential Question:
- Who are we? Men of action or inaction? Revenge or compassion?