-Bring in Outline Essay for Life of Pi to use for in class
-Begin typing In-Class Essays in class on Friday and Monday as well.
-For the rest of the class time work on "Life of Pi" Essay
Topics of Pi essays were:
- Mamaji said “ This is a story that will make you believe in God.”
- Do you agree or disagree? why or why not?
- Life of Pi: Is this a book of barbarism or belief? Is this a book of hope or fear? What helps us survive?
- Which story do you prefer? Pi’s story or other version?
- How does Life of Pi answer the question of who are we?
- Write your own Pi story
- Fantasy v. reality
- must have fantastical elements
- model after Pi
- Free choice: approved by Smith
- Final College Essay due Next Friday (October 10, 2015), and make sure to talk to Mrs. Smith about your essay before turning it in
- College essays can be turned in ahead of time.
- Pi Essay due at the end of class Monday (October 5, 2015) at the of the class period.
- Bring in printed Outline Essay for Monday as well
- Remember to bring you laptops for Monday.
- For any additional information go on Mrs. Smith's webpage