Start of Class: “Name” essays were given back.
HW over the week:
- Song Assignment (Due Friday): find a song that exemplifies who you are and who you want to be? (due Friday) Annotate, dissect, examine music lyrics- write all over them! Show me connections to you? Printed off and ready to turn in on Friday
- Annotations, Book of Life of Pi (Due Friday): Chapters 4-8 with annotations. If you don’t have annotations you can’t talk. If you don’t talk you don’t get points.
- College Essay (Due Friday): typed, proofread, double spaced 1 ½ pages: How do our beliefs and faith(either absence or presence) define us?
- Tell a story: be about you
- ⅓, ⅔ rule
- Be positive
- Don’t offend
- Avoid cliches
- Be you
- What does the sloth have to do with this story?
“Pi described the sloths as happy, slow, and complicated creature.”
- We can make a prediction there was a trauma with water through the quote:
“The first time I turned a tap on, its noisy, wasteful superabundant gsh was such a shock that I became incoherent and my legs collapsed..”
“This is what I will be looking for on. We will be discussing in groups on Wednesday”