12/7Today in 4th hour we read Act 5.1 and got about half way through Act 5.2, which we will finish on Wednesday before the fishbowl.
For Wednesday:Fishbowl on Act 5
- Reading Act 5:1-2
- What is the purpose of the gravedigger scene?
- What is Shakespeare saying about death?
- What are Hamlet’s feelings about death? about life?
- Denmark’s feelings about Ophelia? About Hamlet?
- Who is Yorick?
- Why does Shakespeare pair sad themes told with humor?
- Ophelia’s burial
- Feelings of Queen, King, Laertes, and Hamlet
- Hamlet v. Laertes in the battle over Ophelia. Why was it so late?
- Hamlet’s story of his trip
- Hamlet: genius or madness
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
Fishbowl on Wednesday
Last six weeks self evaluation due Friday
Second Semester planning Wednesday/Friday